My Hoodie

So a few years back, there was always this one Nike hoodie that was hung up in my closet. It was a simple light gray with orange and black stitching forming the word "NIKE". For the longest time it was a lil too big for me so I never really wore it until around subbie/freshmen year (idk which one). The hoodie itself was super comfy and the sleeves would wrap up to my palms giving me an oversized look.
At the time I was going through this phase where I would paint a lot of my clothing and I don't really know why looking back at it. That wasn't really important to be honest. Anyways, I had the genius idea of trying to paint on my Nike hoodie and also back then I was sorta obsessed with tropical things. Like I just liked beaches. That was slightly important. So basically I combined my two weird af ideas and ended up painting a palm tree sunset onto the inside of NIKE stitching. And I am not gonna lie, IT LOOKED/LOOKS GREAT.
It's my go to hoodie for about everything. I wear it on late summer nights when it's warm and chilly at the same time. I wear it studying late at night at Grainger. I wear it at school while sleeping in every class. It's so incredibly versatile and I associate it with a lot of my high school memories.


Comments

  1. Iconic hoodie. Excellent post.

    That hoodie is associated with a lot of my memories of you, too! The word that comes to mind in every context here is iconic-- we've had a lot of fun times with it. It does look cleeaaaannn ngl.

    I'm pretty sure you started wearing it around freshman year, btw. You might've gotten into painting before that, but I remember that year specifically being the one where a lot of your stuff was painted, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome, Nil. I still have no idea though where you got this idea of painting your clothes. But I'm glad that you painted a cool sunset on your sweatshirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cool!! I love all your painted shirts and hoodies. Its amazing that you find the time to make your clothes original! You should make me one when you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should post that on TicTok. Every-time I see someone painting the backs of hoodies its on TikTok. It looks cool as heck. You should post that and then get TikTok famous and then I could be your manager. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to see the hoodie. I understand wanting to add a personal touch to your clothing, because no one will have what you have. I used to do a lot of DIY projects, but slowly stopped because I don't have much time anymore. Anyway, great post Nil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's super cool to see the backstory and inspiration behind one of your most "iconic" designs. I'd always wondered how and why you painted all of your clothing and it's really satisfying to find an answer to that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Watch All Over Again

First Day

B-I-N-G-O