My Early Music



I absolutely love music. Today I actually lost my headphones and I have never been more angry at myself because I lose them like every 2-3 days and end up finding them a week later. That was sorta unrelated but whatever. Anyways,

My earliest memories of music is often tied into TV shows or movies that I watched at a very young age. As a kid, many of the shows I watched taught things through song or just had a lot of dancing and singing in them. One show I remember in specific was called The Wiggles and my most memorable song from it would be “Fruit Salad”. The lyrics are pretty straightforward and were easy to process and sing along to for a 3 year old. “Fruit salad...yummy yummy! Fruit salad...yummy yummy!” Yall get the picture. 

Another one of my earliest musical memories comes from Jurassic Park. This movie single handedly sparked my interest in dinosaurs and paleontology and is still my favorite movie to this day. I’ve seen it too many times and have gotten used to all the music, with the main theme always sending goosebumps down my arms whenever the final scene with Rexy saving the main crew from Velociraptors plays.

One of my first pop songs was this song called Replay by Iyaz. Iyaz turned out to be a one hit wonder but Replay was a BOP. Till this day, I have the lyrics fully memorized since I listened to it so much as a kid. The first time I heard it was when I was getting ready for school and my sister hooked up her tiny iPod to a speaker while she took a shower. When she had gotten ready for school, I kept nagging her about what the name of the song was. Then when she told me it was called Replay, I wouldn’t stop asking her to play the song whenever I got the chance. It was also a pretty fun song at Howdy Hop and other dances of the past.

Although this wasn’t an extensive history of my early music choices, these are just a few of the songs that I can think of off the top of my head. Honorable mentions go to Dinosaur Train theme song, any song from Spongebob, Little Einsteins, and last but not least, The Backyardigans theme song.

Comments

  1. As a kid, my favorite song was "fruit salad" from the Wiggles too. My parents still tell me about how I was constantly singing it. I actually used to ask my mom to make fruit salad just so I could sing the song while she made it.
    And I also lose my headphones all the time and it's really annoying because music is one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I Want To Watch All Over Again

First Day

B-I-N-G-O